Daemon-Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features. This program allows running Backup Copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom or Laserlock protected games. Also included is a Virtual DVDROM drive (V386 STEALTH DVDROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD! DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection.
- Daemon-Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
- Daemon-Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools´ “fastdump” feature on a safedisc protected CD).
- If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a STEALTH DVDROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!!
- STEALTH DVDROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc®, Securom®, Laserlock®, Lockblocks® etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!
Daemon-Tools supports the following image files:
- ccd (CloneCD)
- bwt (Blindwrite)
- mds (Media Descriptor File)
- cdi (Disjuggler)
- nrg (Nero – must have ImageDrive installed)
Daemon Tools Lite is free for personal, non-commercial use only.
This software may only be used to create or run backup copies of legally owned CDs. FreewareFiles and the developers of Daemon Tools DO NOT SUPPORT software piracy in any form! The developers cannot be held responsible if you are going to use this software for illegal activities such as copyright infringement or software piracy.
What’s New in version 4.30.4:
- Windows 7 beta supporting (SPTD 1.58);
- Protected images creation: Password field on Disc Imaging dialog;
- Compressed images creation: Compress option on Disc Imaging dialog;
- Image Catalog item was moved to the first level of Main Menu;
- mdf-file type association option;
- Languages updates.
- Bug fix: Devices speeds detection;
- Bug fix: Lite-ON DHXXXXX drives supporting;
- Bug fix: Large RAID volumes issue;
- Bug fix: Mounting/converting B6T DVD images;
- Bug fix: Setup improving: Unicode supporting;
- Bug fix: Some minor GUI bugs.